- Iron, the mineral that prevents anemia and which is a part of the hemoglobin molecule in the blood
- Magnesium, which is has an important role in the nervous system integrity and in energy production.
- Potassium, useful for preventing muscle cramps and muscle recovery
- Calcium phosphorus, essential for healthy bones
- Vitamin A, for healthy skin and eyesight
- Vitamin B3 (niacin) protecting from pellagra, a diseases which is manifested as dermatitis.
- Niacin also reduces triglycerides and cholesterol levels (LDL) in the blood, thus protects the heart and circulatory system
- Folic acid, essential for protection against atherosclerosis and heart problems, and for protein metabolism.
- Dates fruit have 2-1/2 times more potassium than bananas. As per the World Health Organization, potassium plays a significant role in lessening blood diseases.
- Selenium in dates fruit is important in immune function and helps to prevent cancer.
- Dates are 100 % natural and gluten free foods which improves cholesterol level and promotes digestive health
- As one of the oldest known fruits from the desert, dates have always been part of a healthy, Mediterranean diet. In addition to helping people lose weight.
- The Mediterranean diet seems to help people lower their cholesterol, reduce their risk for Alzheimer’s, diabetes and various types of cancer, and improve rheumatoid arthritis.
- This diet is centered on foods indigenous to the Mediterranean region – like olive oil and fish, along with whole grains and plant foods, including, of course, the date.